With the holidays fast approaching, you’re bound to have two things in abundance: empty boxes and rambunctious kids.
Put them both to use by making cardboard cars to take into Stanley’s Garage!
– 1 large box
– Colored duct tape and/or hot glue
– Construction paper and/or paint
– 4 Paper plates
– 2 Solo cups
– Wide colored ribbon
- First, cut off the bottom and top flaps of the box so that it fits over your child’s head.
- Glue or tape two paper plates on either side of the box to make wheels.
- Glue or tape your two Solo cups on the front of your box to make headlights.
- Finally, cut two strips of ribbon and attach them to the front and back of the box to make straps. Measure them so that the box hangs from your child’s shoulders.
- Give that car a custom paint job! You can finger-paint it, glue on construction paper patterns, or even make designs from your colored tape. Be creative!
Beep! Beep! You’re ready for the open road!