A diverse group of American luminaries offers holiday holiday memories in a charmingly illustrated gift book which benefits Habitat for Humanity International.
The holiday season brings everyday life into sharper focus, as families and friends gather together to think about those we love and those we miss, and of times past but not forgotten. In Home for the Holidays, a diverse group of American luminaries offers their holiday memories in a charmingly illustrated gift book which benefits Habitat for Humanity International.
Featuring a preface by Jimmy Carter, eighty of American’s most celebrated personalities – actors, writers, politicians, and sports figures reveal what they ar thankful for, as well as rituals and remembrances of Christmas, Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, and other holidays. Readers will share in the memories and experiences of…
- Maya Angelou, describing human beings at their best, and the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Bonnie Blair, comparing her sore muscles after a vigorous skating workout to a very happy family talk-a-thon
- Hillary Rodham Clinton, offering a special holiday prayer of thankfulness
- Newt Gingrich, sharing how two Habitat families changed his view of Christmas
- John Grisham, revealing how he was inspired to be a writer
- Charlton Heston, opening the door to his deepest thoughts
- Coretta Scott King, dedicating her life to the fulfillment of her husband’s dream
- Mickey Mantle, describing getting choked up at a charity golf tournament for needy children
Habitat for Humanity is an international charity, whose volunteers build homes for families in need. A portion of the proceeds of this book will go to the construction of more homes and the ongoing mission of Habitat for Humanity.
|Also featured in Home for the Holidays…
William J. Bennett
Mario M. Cuomo
Tom T. Hall
Edwin C. Moses