As many of you know, we recently had a contest on our blog for our new fall title, Three Scoops and a Fig. A lot of people submitted recipes for us to try out. I made a couple and had everyone in the office try them and vote for whichever they liked most. The winning dessert? Fruit Pizza! Congrats to Lichen from the Blink Blog, and thank you to everyone who entered! Below is a copy of the recipe, along with pictures from my successful Fruit Pizza attempt!
I have a tiny kitchen with no counter space, so I was mildly worried, but this recipe was so easy and needed very little room to make it. It’s a perfect recipe to make with your kiddos.
- One package of sugar cookie dough
- assorted fruits. (I went with mango, kiwi, and strawberry)
- one 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- lemon juice (I substituted this for lime, since I tend to prefer it.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the cookie dough into 5″ sized cookies and place them close together onto a baking sheet (I used my baking stone) in the shape of a circle.
3. Press the cookie dough together to make one giant cookie. (This was my dream as a kid!)
6. Once the cookie has had a chance to cool, spread the cream cheese mixture over it like the tomato sauce on a real pizza.
7. Cut up the fruit and place on top of the pizza.
8. Eat and enjoy!
Lichen noted that it just isn’t a Fruit Pizza without bananas and strawberries, I stand by my choice of mango and kiwi though. You can see their own version on their blog here: http://blinkblots.blogspot.com/2010/07/red-white-and-blue-dessert.html
Do you have your own version of Fruit Pizza or another dessert you love? Share it with us!